A couple days ago my Chevy Malibu Maxx keyfob stopped working. It was intermittent for a few days prior, so I wasn’t surprised. When I opened it up the problem was quickly apparent: the small metal piece that secures the battery and is its contacts had come loose.
This morning I got my soldering kit out and made the simple repair. Only two of the three tiny points were loose. I had to use a hemostat to hold the piece firmly to the board while I performed my handy-work. Voila! It works. In fact, it’s probably better than new.
It was fun to solder again. The last time I plied my soldering skills was probably nine years ago on old Learjet wiring back in Wichita, Kansas.